Asia with kids, How much
Family travel India- Vashisht (beautiful village, north India)- what can you do there and costs of travelJanuary 29, 2016
Many families that come to north India prefer to stay away from the hustle and bustle of Manalil and old Manali and instead locate in Vashisht. And with good reasons.
- In Vashisht there’s no entry to any motorized vehicle. So it’s much easier and safer to walk with the kids in the narrow alleys.
- Everything in Vahsihst is cheaper than neighboring Manali, and the quality is the same.
- The view is better. In almost every guest house you can find a nice big room with a balcony in the mountains direction.
- The hot springs are a daily pleasure for the whole family.
- Near the village, a walking distance away, there are a few waterfalls and natural pools. A good way to spend a day. Or at least half a day.
- Lessons in yoga, music, juggling, and dancing. Kids are very welcome and usually don’t pay.
- Everything is close to home. Grocery stores, internet, restaurants and cafes offering a wide range of foods, and the rickshaw stop. The Ayurveda clinic is of the communal sort and doesn’t require payment (even for the medicines).
- The village is small and within a few days everyone will know the kids and will be happy to play, walk, or host them.
prices and costs in vashisht for example:
Natural fruit juice, mixed fruit juice or shake: 40 rupees
Local thali: 80-100 rupees
Average room: 500 rupees
Internet: 50 rupees an hour
Hot spring, waterfalls, crazy view– free !